Below are FAQs and topics related to placing an order and the ordering process at MerckVaccines.com.
Placing an Order
How do I place an order on MerckVaccines.com?
To place an order on MerckVaccines.com:
- Click “Ordering” from the main navigation of any page on of MerckVaccines.com. You will be taken to a page with information about ordering Merck products.
- Sign in by entering your email address and password. You may either click “Sign In” or “Sign In & Go to Catalog.”
- If you have more than one Account or Ship To location, you will be prompted to select the Account and Ship To location for your order.
- You will arrive at the Catalog and see a full list of products available to order in the center of the page. Please note that depending on your profile, you may not be able to purchase all Merck products.
- For each product you want to order, specify the package quantity you would like to order and click the green “Add to Cart” button.
- If ordering multiple products, continue to enter quantity and “Add to Cart” for each item as needed.
- Your running total will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click the green “View Cart” button at the top or bottom of the page to view the items you have added to the Cart. Note you may also click the “View Cart” link from the brief confirmation that appears every time you add a product to the cart.
- While in the Cart, you may change your account and/or the shipping location.
- Click the green “Check Out” button.
- You will arrive at the Review Billing & Shipping Information page. Add a purchase order number, if you have one. If your office does not use purchase order numbers, a randomly generated number will be assigned for the order.
- If you are not billing your Merck account, add, select, or update a credit card.
- You may choose between free standard shipping or express shipping.
- Your running total will appear at the top and bottom of the page, followed by any pertinent messages regarding your order.
- Click the green “Place Order” button and view your order confirmation.
What if the product I’m ordering is not available?
Because of the nature of the manufacturing process, at times, we may not have a product in stock. When shopping from the online Catalog, look for product status near the product description. Products not in stock will generally have this noted by status.
For more information on backordered items visit our Supply Status page or call us at 877.VAX.MERCK (877.829.6372) so that we can give you a better idea of when this product will be available.
How do I order for multiple locations?
In your Cart, you have the option of shipping to more than one location. Click the “Ship to Multiple Locations” button and you will then have to designate the shipping destination for each product in your cart. If you have multiple locations but don’t see the Ship to Multiple Locations button, call us at 877.VAX.MERCK (877.829.6372) and ask to speak with a Vaccine Account Representative.
How do I order products from My Product Lists?
You can order products from a shopping list that you have saved in My Product Lists. Click the “My Product Lists” sub-tab from the top of the page while you are viewing Ordering. Then select the list from which you want to place an order and either add all the products or add individual products to the cart. If you do not have lists defined, you may create a list then use the Catalog to identify and add products.
How do I order products from Recently Ordered?
Within the Catalog area of MerckVaccines.com, you can access the last 20 products you ordered under Browse Products – Recently Ordered. Use the standard ordering process to reorder any of the products listed.
How do I add/change an item on my recently placed order?
If you need to make any changes after your order has been placed, please call us immediately at 877.VAX.MERCK (877.829.6372). Note: Some orders may not be modified or cancelled.
Can I return merchandise?
All returns are subject to our Terms and Conditions. The appropriate Expired Product Return Form must accompany your returned goods.
Expired Product Return Forms
Mail your completed forms to:
PharmaReturns, Inc. Processing Center
100 Corporate Drive, Suite 2
Montgomeryville, PA 18936-9644
If you have any questions, please contact the Merck Order Management Center at 1-800-637-2579 between 8 AM and 6 PM, ET Monday through Friday.
What is Purchase Order Number Field?
Purchase Order Number is a value that you may populate on an order so that you can track it back to your system. It is your reference number. If you do not use purchase orders, or do not provide a Purchase Order Number, we will default it to “WEB mm/dd/yyyy” (example: WEB 06/12/2017).
We have also added a checkbox above the Purchase Order Number field that allows you to require that your orders always need a PO “#” provided by you. If this is checked and you do not provide one, you will be prompted to add one.
What options are available for billing on an order?
There are two options for billing on an order: Bill the order to your Merck Account or use a credit card. Add and reuse as many credit cards as you need.
If you use the Bill My Merck Account option, the balance must be paid by check or credit card per the terms of your account.
If you use a credit card, your credit card will be charged on the invoice due date or discount due date as per the terms of your Merck Account.
How do I reorder a previous order?
As described above, go to the Order Detail page containing the particular order. Click on the Copy Order to Shopping Cart button at the bottom of the page; doing this will duplicate a previous order and add it to your Shopping Cart.
How long does shipping take?
Standard Shipping Is Free
The default standard shipping mode is ground carrier.
Vaccine products in stock at time of order will typically arrive within 2 business days from the day the order is placed, but the delivery date is not guaranteed.* Due to the products ordered, products may ship in multiple containers and on different days.
Express shipping ($21.00) is available except during special holiday shipping schedules; orders that request express shipping and are processed by 2:45 PM ET Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are typically shipped the same day. It may be possible to provide overnight delivery at later times for orders placed by phone. For more details, please call the Merck Vaccine Customer Center at 1-877-VAX-MERCK (1-877-829- 6372) or the Merck Order Management Center at 1-800-MERCK-RX (1-800-637-2579).
Orders requested for express shipping and processed after 2:45 PM ET Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are typically shipped the following day. Thursday and Friday requests are shipped the following Monday.
Although Merck will endeavor to ship your express shipment for overnight delivery, next-day delivery is not guaranteed. Please contact the Merck Vaccine Customer Center at 1-877-VAX-MERCK (1-877-829- 6372) or the Merck Order Management Center at 1-800-MERCK-RX (1-800-637-2579) for any questions about your order.
* Applies to private physician/physician clinic orders where the customer has a Direct Purchasing Account with Merck to purchase vaccine products. This does not include government/military, CDC, wholesaler, physician distributor, and city/county/state accounts. Merck reserves the right to adjust shipping delivery times.